Microgrids improve electric reliability, decrease energy costs and act as a climate change solution.
- they enhance electric reliability
- improve recovery and resiliency
- reduce energy costs for individuals and businesses.
- support clean energy and the environment.
- reinforce the primary grid.
- improve cybersecurity.
- benefit society economically.
- increase community well-being.
People & organizations profit from microgrids. It keeps lights on when the central grid fails. It upgrades distribution grids, hardens infrastructure, and protects vulnerable populations. A microgrid may boost sustainable energy utilization and produce economic value for consumers and the grid through smart, automated energy management (using energy resource planning). Finally, microgrids foster local control, energy democratization, and prosumerization.
read the full article on linkedin